Huck’s Professional Photography Policy
We are delighted that you are considering using our beautiful farm as the backdrop for your photos. Huckleberry Trail Farm has many scenic settings for family, engagement, wedding and senior pictures. The guidelines outlined below are intended for all photographers and their guests/clients. We define professional photography as anyone being paid (in cash or barter) for their photographs. This includes photographers for whom photography is not their primary source of income.
We only allow photo shoots during our Fall Festival (typically held the last weekend in September through the last weekend in October) during normal operating hours. All individuals who enter the farm are required to pay all standard admission pricing. This includes the photo subjects, family/friends just tagging along, the photographer and their assistants. We also ask that the photographer make a $20 donation to the North Carolina Autism Society. This donation is collected at the time admission is paid, and Huck will forward this donation to the society at the end of the season. Payment is required before photography can commence and you will need to inform the admission staff of your intent to take photos at that time.
Although we want to make your photo experience as pleasant as possible, for the safety and enjoyment of the farm by all Festival guests, the following guidelines are in place:
- We do ask that you do not inconvenience any of our other guests during your photo sessions and be respectful and courteous of Huck’s property, equipment, guests and employees while on premises. For instance, we ask that you don’t “hold people up” while you are trying to take a photo or spend excessive amounts of time using an activity or attraction, thereby making other guests wait longer than they would have otherwise.
- You and your clients may not engage in other activities that may cause harm to you or others. This includes standing or walking on fences or in vehicle pathways, entering wooded areas, jumping on hay bales or standing on or hanging over the sides of the hayride while it is in motion. You may not climb on structures or enter areas of the farm that are not open to guests. Photos may not be taken in the front retail area of the farm.
- You may not use drones, tripods, lighting, OCF (off camera flash), umbrellas or other large photography equipment during these shoots. As with all personal property brought onto the farm by guests, Huckleberry Trail Farm is not responsible for any damage or loss to photography equipment or other belongings.
- You may not re-stage or move pumpkins, signs, wagons, hay bales, or any other equipment, activities, or merchandise. Produce and plants may not be picked. You may not use glitter, confetti, sparklers, colored powder or any form of open flame as well as anything else that would leave behind a mess or cause a safety hazard. Please leave the area of any photo session as you found it.
- Photography must be “family friendly”; no suggestive photographs are permitted on property. Appropriate clothing and footwear is required at all times. Changing areas are not provided, nor should the changing of clothing take place on the farm, in the parking lot, or in a vehicle where it is in the view of other guests.
- There are no locations or times that can be specifically reserved just for photographers. Please remember, Huckleberry Trail Farm is not a location to host mini-sessions* and we reserve the right to end any session if we believe it is interfering with our guests’ enjoyment.
- The copy, reproduction or use of any Huckleberry Farm logo or graphic image (digital or print) is prohibited without prior written permission from Huckleberry Trail Farm. The commercial, sale of, or public use of images taken anywhere on the farm is prohibited without the consent of Huckleberry Trail Farm. Other guests or employees of the Fall Festival may not be included in photos.
- Huckleberry Trail Farm will not extend its normal operating hours for guests who are on the Farm for the purpose of taking photos.
All policies are strictly enforced and we reserve the right to remove anyone from the property as deemed necessary without refund for failure to follow these guidelines.
We are not available for off-season photo shoots. We have an exclusive contract with a professional photography studio that gives them rights. If you need additional information, please contact us via this website or email.